Saturday, January 3, 2009

Design Career guidance session at ICAT-Image College of Art, Animation and Technology

Ranjeet & Raj @ Career guidance session at ICAT-Hyderabad
I was been invited for a guest lecture and career guidance session at ICAT-Image College of Art, Animation and Technology, Hyderabad. (ICAT) is a unique college, set up to identify, introduce and prepare students exclusively for a career in the Digital Media industry. Image College of Arts, Animation & Technology (ICAT) offers a range of courses extending from Under Graduate to Post Graduate programs and offer programs in 3D Animation, Visual Effects, Game Design and Game Development. This is India’s Largest Digital Media CollegePioneering Full Time Education in design / animation and multimedia in India.
There were 150+ students in the conference room. Initially I thought of teaching new techniques in multimedia / graphics and VFX industry and when I had interaction with the audience, I felt there is some need to give a design / graphics industry overview.
I have covered these topics in detail:
  • Visual Design
  • Emotional design
  • Usability & User experience
  • Inspirations for gaming experiences
  • Multimedia (Industry Domains)
  • Design & Animation careers & challenges
  • Finally…..Question & Answers

This went for ~4-5 hours continues session and was more interactive. My friend Rajasekhar Reddy also has presented his topic on Careers in Web & Graphics. Finally this was really great experience to do some career awareness programs and helping / guiding upcoming professionals just with skill set and experience.

I would like to give back to the society with my skill set and domain experience without charging anything... I am ready to help / support any education institutions / engineering colleges to share my knowledge in these areas:

  • User experience design
  • Usability engineering
  • Multimedia
  • Animation & Graphics
  • Logography & Branding

Please get in touch me if you represent a Non-Profitable organization, NGO, Charity / Voluntary organization, Educational institutions, computer training centers working for a good cause.

No comments:

my photostream

ranZeethT - View my flickr photo stream